Job Search Techniques
About 1 min reading time.
I have been using four primary sources in my job search. Each is simply a repository.
- Workopolis.com: The most popular source of employment opportunities in Canada.
- LinkedIn Jobs: This source skews to higher, senior-level opportunities or jobs that require extensive previous experience.
- Canada Job Bank: This is a service of Service Canada and, on first inspection, focuses on entry-level jobs and opportunities with small businesses.
- Monster.ca: The Canadian extension of Monster.com.
As I stated in my post on Tuesday, the experience is very impersonal and it feels like I'm rummaging through a pile of crap looking for a gem with little success. I know there are executive recruiters out there; however, the challenge for me is locating them and initiating contact.
If you have any tips or tricks to improve the process, please let me know.
- Next: Four weeks later
- Previous: Is certification the answer?